National Instruments’ 2015 Engineering Leadership Program (ELP)
To mark the end of their internship at National Instruments Arabia, NI’s 2015 Engineering Leadership Program (ELP) Interns have presented the projects they undertook over the past two months on Friday 21 August, 2015. The event was hosted by UK Tech Hub – Beirut Digital District.
In collaboration with Bader Young Entrepreneurs Program and Darwazah Center for Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship, NI has given the interns opportunity to gain new technical skills, which they used in conjunction with the knowledge gained at university to develop solutions to real-life challenges.
Below are the projects which were conducted by the interns:
- Automated UPS Testing for Improved Product Quality (Winning Project)
- Security Lock System based on Advanced Signal Processing Techniques
- Automated Pill Dispenser
- Two-Wheel Self-Balancing Robot
- Decreasing Systems Downtime Using a Versatile Technical Assets Management System
- Smart Glasses for Aiding the Visually Impaired
- Automating Electronic Testing for Increased Manufacturing Throughput
- Embedded Intelligence for Self-Parking Vehicles
These bright minds have also caught the attention of UK Lebanon Tech Hub, which supports the entrepreneurship and Small-Medium Enterprises landscape in Lebanon with a view to increase GDP and create jobs in the country. Therefore, after completion of the programme has finished, interns were connected to the UK Lebanon Tech Hub’s network of companies who currently have open vacancies and are searching for creative and highly skilled candidates.